Beginner Ice skates
Learn with Beginner ice Skates
From Your First Time on the Ice, to Your Skating Journey
First time on the ice? Gain the confidence with the help of skates specially designed for your first day — and every day of learning throughout your figure skating journey. Build your confidence for crossover glides and turns, all the way to regular recreation and competitive success. Start your training with ice skates designed for maximum comfort, support, and safety.
Ice skates that balance comfort, stability, and cost are the best options for new skaters. The following are a few alternatives to consider:
- The Bauer Vapour X2.7 skates offer a good compromise between comfort and effectiveness. They have a supportive boot, a respectable blade, and are suitable for beginners who want to advance.
- The CCM Ribcor 68K skates are renowned for their exceptional comfort and durability. They provide good ankle support and are suitable for beginners who prefer a more accommodative fit.
- Jackson Ultima Excel skates are great for beginners who are interested in figure skating. They are well-fitting and offer strong ankle support.
- The Riedell 110 Opal are entry-level figure skates that are suitable for beginners. They provide good support and have a traditional figure skate design.
- Remember that choosing the best ice skates necessitates careful fitting. It is advised to either try them on in person or follow the size charts provided by the manufacturer to ensure they fit your feet properly.
Selecting the appropriate size for ice skates is crucial for comfort and performance. To assist you choose the right size, consider the following general rule:
Start by taking a measurement of the size of your foot. To accomplish this, place your foot on some paper and make a trace of it. Measure the width at the broadest point and the distance from the heel to the tip of the longest toe.
Make use of sizing charts: Most skate manufacturers offer size charts that match foot dimensions to skate sizes. As sizes can vary, make sure to refer to the brand and model's individual size chart.
Although entry-level ice skate models might not have more advanced features, there are a few crucial considerations to make:
You should opt for skates with a sturdy and durable boot structure. This helps to give your ankles stability and protection when you begin to skate.
The quality of the blade is crucial for balance and maneuverability on the ice. Beginner skates often have stainless steel blades, which offer reasonable performance and durability. Make sure the blades are kept and sharp.
Comfort features: Beginners may benefit from skates with added comfort features including padding, cushioning, and moisture-wicking lining.
Learn Figure Skating Basics
Shop Beginner Skates
At the Figure Skating Boutique, we’re here from your first skate, all through to every title and podium finish. Learn the basics and build your confidence on the ice with skates designed for beginner learning. Our skate consultants are here to help you find your best fit at the best value, expertly crafted for excellent foot and ankle support, and stability. From kids and youth to adults, we’ve got durable, high-quality ice skates tried and tested by beginners.